The Selby Preschool utilizes a wide variety of technology devices including but not limited to Smart Boards, Desktop Computers, Tablets, Laptops, and LCD Televisions. Selby believes in incorporating these devices into the class to:
- Allow children to freely explore touch screens loaded with a wide variety of developmentally appropriate interactive media experiences
- Provide opportunities for children to begin to explore and feel comfortable using “traditional” mouse and keyboard computers to use Websites or look up answers with a search engine.
- Capture photos of block buildings or artwork that children have created; videotape dramatic play to replay for children.
- Celebrate children’s accomplishments with digital media displayed on a smartboard
- Incorporate assistive technologies as appropriate for children with special needs and/or developmental delays.
- Explore digital storytelling with children.